School Belief Statements
- All students can learn.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, ethical, linguistic, social, emotional and cognitive needs.
- Student learning is the chief priority for our school.
- Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students and community members will share in the responsibility for providing a supportive learning environment within our school.
- Clear goals and high expectations for student achievement will guide the design of instructional strategies and learning activities.
- Students learn in different ways and will be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Assessment of student learning will provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievement and authentic contexts in which to apply their learning.
The commitment to continuous improvement is an imperative guiding the school to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
“The small, personalized environment at CSS offered my son the right setting to develop mature communication skills, practice self-advocacy and build positive, personal relationships with his teachers. His confidence skyrocketed, and he moves through the world with an ease and assertiveness that once seemed so far away. ”
“I chose to come to this school because it had such a wide spectrum of people that I didn’t see at many other high schools.”
“Teaching at Charlotte Secondary School has renewed my love of teaching and learning! The thing I love most about teaching at Charlotte Secondary is that I am trusted by our administration to teach creatively and in a way that is fun for students to learn. Some skills in math take a lot of practice and time to master, I get to choose when we move on because we are not tied to a district mandated curriculum.”
“My favorite thing is how you fit right in right away. You may feel nervous the first week but after that you feel welcome.”
“Once our son began 6th grade, we knew we had made the right decision in enrolling him at CSS. He thrived in school like he never had before. All of a sudden he had a good core group of friends and he had a strong support system in all of his teachers. He loves school and can hardly wait until the new year begins again next week.”
“I have seen a 180 degree difference in my son’s attitude towards school since switching him to Charlotte Secondary in the eighth grade. He now willingly goes to school, does all the work to the best of his ability and even enjoys it. ”
“CSS has been an amazing learning experience for my children. They have thrived in their education and really enjoy coming to school every day. Socially, it has been the best experience for them.”